Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hide results when cell value is 0 due to linking worksheets

When I link a worksheet to another worksheet to use the values, if there is
no value in the primary worksheet than a 0 is shown in that cell on the new
worksheet. is there a way to hide the 0 until a value is entered in the
primary worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In place of the usual:
=A1
use:
=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
Gary's Student

"Barry FL" wrote:

When I link a worksheet to another worksheet to use the values, if there is
no value in the primary worksheet than a 0 is shown in that cell on the new
worksheet. is there a way to hide the 0 until a value is entered in the
primary worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem, but I'm linking an entire worksheet, not just a
single cell and therefore everything that doesn't have a value comes up -0-.
Any way to paste a link without getting all the -0-s

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In place of the usual:
=A1
use:
=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
Gary's Student

"Barry FL" wrote:

When I link a worksheet to another worksheet to use the values, if there is
no value in the primary worksheet than a 0 is shown in that cell on the new
worksheet. is there a way to hide the 0 until a value is entered in the
primary worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To do such a large area, it might be quicker to highlight all the
cells with this formula in and apply Format | Conditional Format.
Select "Cell Contents" and then 0 (zero), then click the Format button
and choose a foreground colour of white - click OK to get out of this.
Now wherever you had zero you will see a blank cell (the zero is still
there, it's just printed white on white so you can't see it).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 9, 4:01 pm, Kathy wrote:
I have the same problem, but I'm linking an entire worksheet, not just a
single cell and therefore everything that doesn't have a value comes up -0-.
Any way to paste a link without getting all the -0-s

"Gary''s Student" wrote:
In place of the usual:
=A1
use:
=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
Gary's Student

"Barry FL" wrote:

When I link a worksheet to another worksheet to use the values, if there is
no value in the primary worksheet than a 0 is shown in that cell on the new
worksheet. is there a way to hide the 0 until a value is entered in the
primary worksheet. - Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kathy

Without a formula such as G's S posted you have a couple of other choices.

You could go to ToolsOptionsView and uncheck "zero values" but that would hide
all zeros.

Or you could select all the linked cells and Conditionally Format them with
white font if zero is the result.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:01:01 -0800, Kathy
wrote:

I have the same problem, but I'm linking an entire worksheet, not just a
single cell and therefore everything that doesn't have a value comes up -0-.
Any way to paste a link without getting all the -0-s

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In place of the usual:
=A1
use: