Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem is displaying formula

Hi,

I am creating a report in which the avg is formulated. But when there
is no data entered in the column the solution shows #DIV/0!

for ex
I wanted to avg c23 to c27 i gave the formula
=AVERAGE(C23:C27)

when there is no data in c23 to c27 the display shows #DIV/0!

I dont want the msg to appear in the screen.

Help needed.

--
Sathisc
Sathisc's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=187

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A very common problem. The usual approach is:

=IF(ISERROR(yourformula),"",yourformula))

so in your case:

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(C23:C27)),"",AVERAGE(C23:C27))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"Sathisc" wrote:

Hi,

I am creating a report in which the avg is formulated. But when there
is no data entered in the column the solution shows #DIV/0!

for ex
I wanted to avg c23 to c27 i gave the formula
=AVERAGE(C23:C27)

when there is no data in c23 to c27 the display shows #DIV/0!

I dont want the msg to appear in the screen.

Help needed.

--
Sathisc
Sathisc's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=187
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=93340

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot guys for the reply

--
Sathisc
Sathisc's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=187
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=93340

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
another possibility is =average(if(c23:c27<0,c23:c27,false))
entered as an array formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Sathisc;333930 Wrote:
Hi,

I am creating a report in which the avg is formulated. But when there
is no data entered in the column the solution shows #DIV/0!

for ex
I wanted to avg c23 to c27 i gave the formula
=AVERAGE(C23:C27)

when there is no data in c23 to c27 the display shows #DIV/0!

I dont want the msg to appear in the screen.

Help needed.

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -