Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default repeat number multiple times

Excel 2003 SP3

I frequently need to put the week number on a spreadsheet.
Example:
1 seven times for week one on rows 1-7
2 seven times for week two on rows 8-14
3 seven times for week three on rows 15-21, etc.
Is there a quicker way to do this than just type in the number seven times?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this formula in your first cell and then copy it down as far as
necessary...

=INT((ROW(A1)-1)/7)+1

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Brenda from Michigan" wrote
in message ...
Excel 2003 SP3

I frequently need to put the week number on a spreadsheet.
Example:
1 seven times for week one on rows 1-7
2 seven times for week two on rows 8-14
3 seven times for week three on rows 15-21, etc.
Is there a quicker way to do this than just type in the number seven
times?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brenda

If the week number is in A2, in A3 type = A$2 and copy down

In B2 type =A2+1 and copy across as far as you need. then select the
formulas in A3:A7 and copy these formulas as far as needed. Then just change
A2 once a month.

If there are columns between these to enter data these can be inserted later.

HTH

Peter from Liverpool

"Brenda from Michigan" wrote:

Excel 2003 SP3

I frequently need to put the week number on a spreadsheet.
Example:
1 seven times for week one on rows 1-7
2 seven times for week two on rows 8-14
3 seven times for week three on rows 15-21, etc.
Is there a quicker way to do this than just type in the number seven times?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2003 SP3

I frequently need to put the week number on a spreadsheet.
Example:
1 seven times for week one on rows 1-7
2 seven times for week two on rows 8-14
3 seven times for week three on rows 15-21, etc.
Is there a quicker way to do this than just type in the number seven
times? Thanks!

One way is to put this in row 1 and copy down:
=INT((ROW()+6)/7)