Old October 27th 04, 07:51 PM
weelittlekim

Default how do I get a calculation to repeat various number of times?

Our compensation rates are built on "steps" and each step is 4.5% so if an
employee was to get two steps I would calculate their current salary times
4.5% round then multiply that answer by 4.5% and round again. I'm trying to
write a formula so the user can enter the number of steps and Excel will
calculate the new salary but I don't know how to get the calculation to
repeat, can any body help?

Old October 27th 04, 08:13 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
without the rounding for each indicidual step something like
=ROUND(A1*(1+0.045)^A2,2)
where A1 contains the base salary and A2 the number of steps

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"weelittlekim" schrieb im