Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hab hab is offline

Default repeat list 5 times

I am trying to create a formula that will take a list i have a break it out
to repeat the list 5 times

ie
current list
1
2
3
4

want it to say
1
1
1
1
1
2
2
2
2
2
3
3
3
3
3

i rather do this through a formula than macro since i am new to macros, but
if you can help me with an easy macro i can follow i am all for it
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in B1 and copy down till the required range (till row no which is 5
times the last row in A)
=INDIRECT("A" & (INT((ROW()-1)/5)+1))

"hab" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hab hab is offline

Thanks that helped
Do you have a suggestion now to get the numbers
4
5
6
7
8
to repeat in order 5 times?

thanks

"hab" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just put them in Col A, as many as you want...

and extend the formula (5 times the numbers in Col A) in Col B
so if you have 100 numbers copy the formula down to B500

Col A can have anything... formula will repeat all values five times in Col
B, if copied to 5 times the count in Col A

"hab" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hab hab is offline

It works when i have one number i want to repeat 5 times, my first question.
This time i have 5 numbers that i want to repeat but i want to keep them
together and repeat the order
4
5
6