Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofit to contents

Is there a way to format an Excel worksheet to "autofit to contents" the way
it works in a Word table?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format-Row-AutoFIt
Format-Column-AutoFIt

"Donna" wrote:

Is there a way to format an Excel worksheet to "autofit to contents" the way
it works in a Word table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean to adjust the width? Not that I know of. Would have to build
code to handle that. You can set cell Format/Alignment property to wrap text
and the row height will expand to acommodate the wrapped text.

"Donna" wrote:

Is there a way to format an Excel worksheet to "autofit to contents" the way
it works in a Word table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought Donna meant to have this adjustment occur without any action by
user. Of course you can select the columns and use Format settings manually,
to automate would require VBA or macro.

"Donna" wrote:

Is there a way to format an Excel worksheet to "autofit to contents" the way
it works in a Word table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I meant to have it do it automatically without the user having to know
how to do anything. In Word, the field grows as the entries get larger.
Thanks for your ideas about a macro or VBA.