Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default All email addresses in one cell, how to seperate them?

I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them to
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If they are separated by a common character such as a comma or a semi-colon,
you can use Text to Columns. Hopefully you don't have more addresses than
columns your version of Excel will support.

Regards,
Fred.

"Mukesh" wrote in message
I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them to
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's no such thing as Text to Rows in Excel.

After you've done the Text to Columns, you can transpose them into rows
(copy, Paste SpecialTranspose)

Regards,
Fred.

"Mukesh" wrote in message
I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them to
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Mukesh.
I'm always trying to remove dupes, but I'm really cautious as to not delete
too many.
Try this:
Insert a column and start at the top of your worksheet.
Let's assume your e-mail addresses are in Column A.
In the new column (Column B) enter the following formula:

=IF(A2=A1,"Dupe",IF(A2=A3,"Dupe2","Single"))

Which is essentially saying "Compare the contents of A2 to the row above and
the row below and tell me if the contents is the same. If it's distinct, give
me 'Single' and if it's a duplicate, then label Dupe and Dupe2." Then you
can delete all that say "Dupe" and still keep the individual row that had the
double.
For example
Column A Column B
Dupe
Dupe2

If you delete "Dupe", you will still have "Dupe2" or one row of
.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
ssignore

"Mukesh" wrote in message
I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them to
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A common way is to count them. Anything more than 1 is a duplicate.
Something like:

=countif(a:a,a1)
and copy down.

If you have XL2007, you can use Remove Duplicates on the Data ribbon.

Regards,
Fred.

"Mukesh" wrote in message
I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But if you wipe out the rows that are 1, then you lose all duplicates and
I believe Mukesh wants to keep one row.

Also possible is a simple True/False where
=A2=A3
Delete your "TRUE"'s and you continue to keep the row that originally had a
duplicate.

Regards, All.

"Mukesh" wrote in message
I have many email addresses in one cell, how do I seperate them
individual cells? Please help.

Thanks.
Mukesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Fred & Ssignore.

I think =countif will work better, since I will know if the email
address is more than 1.