Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop Outlook from starting when typing email addresses into a cell

How can I stop Outlook loading/starting when entering emails into a cell? I
am making a list in a column. Really would desire not to have the address to
hyperlink at all as I type. I would accept any solution less removing
Outlook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003 you can do this by going to Tools-Auto-Correct
Options-Select the second tab, and the top checkbox turns that feature off.
Thanks for making me look for that, I hate it too!

-John
is helpful.