-   -   Stop Outlook from starting when typing email addresses into a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126111-stop-outlook-starting-when-typing-email-addresses-into-cell.html)

asg2307

Stop Outlook from starting when typing email addresses into a cell

How can I stop Outlook loading/starting when entering emails into a cell? I
am making a list in a column. Really would desire not to have the address to
hyperlink at all as I type. I would accept any solution less removing
Outlook.

John Bundy

Stop Outlook from starting when typing email addresses into a cell

In Excel 2003 you can do this by going to Tools-Auto-Correct
Options-Select the second tab, and the top checkbox turns that feature off.
Thanks for making me look for that, I hate it too!

-John
is helpful.

"asg2307" wrote in message
How can I stop Outlook loading/starting when entering emails into a cell?
am making a list in a column. Really would desire not to have the address
hyperlink at all as I type. I would accept any solution less removing
Outlook.

asg2307

Stop Outlook from starting when typing email addresses into a

Thank you.