Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How many way to represent the blank space?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many way to represent the blank space
in Excel?
"" is a blank space.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another one is ISBLANK(Reference)

What do you want to achieve?

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many way to represent the blank space
in Excel?
"" is a blank space.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a note on ISBLANK()

If there is a formula in the reference cell ISBLANK() returns FALSE.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many way to represent the blank space
in Excel?
"" is a blank space.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Exactly. That's why I asked what Eric is trying to achieve!

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many way to represent the blank space
in Excel?
"" is a blank space.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the ones I know, in the code:

""
Empty
Null

but within Excel (in formulas), the only way I know is "".

you can also create a name and say it means "". And then use the name intead
of the two quotes.

to do it, you type Ctrl+F3
name: Blank (the word blank)
refersto: =""

it should work!

i imagine that maybe you want to be able to replace "" in bunch of formulas
to something, and it would be easier to use a name instead.

:)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone very much for suggestions
I would like to assign a blank into cell under specific condition, at this
moment, I assign "", which work for Excel 2003, but when I transfer this file
into Quick Office for my Nokia, which cannot recognize the symbol "" as a
blank. Therefore, I try to look for another symbol, which is general to be
use as a blank, and Quick Office will work for my file.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how many way to represent the blank space
in Excel?
"" is a blank space.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an IsEmpty function which I use for my own purposes - your needs may
be slightly different, but you can easily modify it to check for any
conditions that you would like.

Function IsEmpty(Entry As Range)

IsEmpty = True

If Entry.Value = "" Then Exit Function
If Entry.Value = 0 Then Exit Function
Length = Len(Entry.Value)
If Length = 0 Then Exit Function

If (Length = 1) And (Asc(Entry.Value) = 32) Then Exit Function

IsEmpty = False

End Function

"Fernando Fernandes" wrote:

the ones I know, in the code: