Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dhstein dhstein is offline

Default How many way to represent the blank space?

Here is an IsEmpty function which I use for my own purposes - your needs may
be slightly different, but you can easily modify it to check for any
conditions that you would like.

Function IsEmpty(Entry As Range)

IsEmpty = True

If Entry.Value = "" Then Exit Function
If Entry.Value = 0 Then Exit Function
Length = Len(Entry.Value)
If Length = 0 Then Exit Function

If (Length = 1) And (Asc(Entry.Value) = 32) Then Exit Function

IsEmpty = False

End Function

"Fernando Fernandes" wrote:

the ones I know, in the code:

""
Empty
Null

but within Excel (in formulas), the only way I know is "".

you can also create a name and say it means "". And then use the name intead
of the two quotes.

to do it, you type Ctrl+F3
name: Blank (the word blank)
refersto: =""

it should work!

i imagine that maybe you want to be able to replace "" in bunch of formulas
to something, and it would be easier to use a name instead.

:)