Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JH JH is offline

Default text format question

I have a number formatted as text that I need to take a part of and place in
a new cell. For example I want to take -01250 and place 0125 in a new cell.
I tried mid, left, right but I lose the leading zero. Any help would be much
appreciated.
Thanks. (excel 2003)
--
JH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format cell B1 to general and enter this formula

A = -01250

=MID(A1,2,100)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria