Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHB JHB is offline

Default Date to text format question

I am attempting to convert a date to text, and am having trouble with
the formatting. Specifically, I wish to convert a date in the form mm/
dd/yyyy to text in exactly the same format.

I am using excel 2000.

Using the command =Text(Text,text-format), I am having trouble with
the format piece.

"Help" tell me that the format code is based on he "format cells
numeric" definitions. My problem is that the code appears to be a
number, and nowhere can I find what number produces what defined text
format!

Can someone either give me the code I need, or point me in the right
direction to get an answer.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what if you will use formatcells text format and not the formula
and if you want to use formula you can use it like this.
=text(a1,"MM/DD/YYYY")
where a1 is the cell contains date.