-   -   text format question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/228835-text-format-question.html)

JH

text format question

I have a number formatted as text that I need to take a part of and place in
a new cell. For example I want to take -01250 and place 0125 in a new cell.
I tried mid, left, right but I lose the leading zero. Any help would be much
appreciated.
Thanks. (excel 2003)
--
JH

Jacob Skaria

text format question

Format cell B1 to general and enter this formula

A = -01250

=MID(A1,2,100)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"JH" wrote:

I have a number formatted as text that I need to take a part of and place in
a new cell. For example I want to take -01250 and place 0125 in a new cell.
I tried mid, left, right but I lose the leading zero. Any help would be much
appreciated.
Thanks. (excel 2003)
--
JH