Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link in worksheet

Hi. I have a worksheet where I have a hyperlink to cell A61 in that worksheet.

I am going to be copying several copies of this worksheet in the same
workbook. When I do this, the link refers to the original worksheet.

Is there a way to have the link point to a cell in the active worksheet so
that I don't have to go in and edit the link in each and every copy?

Thanks,
Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use INDIRECT()

Suppose in A1 you have the Worksheet Name. The below will return the cell
value of A2 from the worksheet mentioned in A1

=INDIRECT(A1&"!" & "A2")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike" wrote:

Hi. I have a worksheet where I have a hyperlink to cell A61 in that worksheet.

I am going to be copying several copies of this worksheet in the same
workbook. When I do this, the link refers to the original worksheet.

Is there a way to have the link point to a cell in the active worksheet so
that I don't have to go in and edit the link in each and every copy?

Thanks,
Mike.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use the =hyperlink() worksheet function:

=HYPERLINK("#C5","Click me")

But I'd use one of these...

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

These formulas will adjust if you change the sheet name or insert/delete
rows/columns on the linked sheet.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops..Try the below

=HYPERLINK("#"& CELL("address",Sheet1!A61),"LINK")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria