gman

Default Exporting Excel information to Word

Can anyone tell me if there is a way (and how to do it) to create a spread
sheet in Excel and then have the information in the cells imported into a
Word template at different places? In other words, 'cell A1' in the spread
sheet would go to one place in the Word template while 'cell B1' would go to
another place in the same template.

Thanks,

gman

Duke Carey

Word can read an Excel file. You'll need to set up your document in Word,
using the Mailmerge features. Then you simply need to setup your Excel sheet
to lok like a database, with Column Headings that Word can read

Probably best to seek help on Mailmerge in the Word NGs

"gman" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way (and how to do it) to create a spread
sheet in Excel and then have the information in the cells imported into a
Word template at different places? In other words, 'cell A1' in the spread
sheet would go to one place in the Word template while 'cell B1' would go to
another place in the same template.

Thanks,

gman

gman

Thanks, Duke. The main thing is I need to have the data in one cell go to
one place in the template and the data in another cell go to another place
in that same template. Can Excel export non-numerial data, i.e., can I enter
text and have Excel export it?

gman

"gman" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way (and how to do it) to create a spread
sheet in Excel and then have the information in the cells imported into a
Word template at different places? In other words, 'cell A1' in the spread
sheet would go to one place in the Word template while 'cell B1' would go to
another place in the same template.

Thanks,

gman

gman

Well, Duke, I still cannot understand how Word will know what data from each
cell in the Excel sheet is to go where in the Word template. If I could
understand this aspect alone it would be helpful. I cannot find a reference
on the web to doing what I want. Man, this seems like something that would
be easy and common place.

I tried the Mail Merge thing and it just hung up the program. I have Office
2003 and got this Wizard thing when I selected Mail Merge. It was asking me
to select stuff that I didn't understand; I really had no idea what I was
doing.

Any additional assistance would be appreciated.

gman

"gman" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way (and how to do it) to create a spread
sheet in Excel and then have the information in the cells imported into a
Word template at different places? In other words, 'cell A1' in the spread
sheet would go to one place in the Word template while 'cell B1' would go to
another place in the same template.

Thanks,

gman

gman

Hey, Duke, I think I got it working!!! Still not exactly like I envision,
but it is something. If I could just find a way for Word to take the data
from a specific row in Excel then it would be perfect. Right now, I have to
use a different sheet or workbook each time I enter my data so that Word will
only retrieve the data in Row B.

gman