Duke Carey

It sure can -

take a look at this site from David McRitchie for some guidance

"gman" wrote:

Thanks, Duke. The main thing is I need to have the data in one cell go to
one place in the template and the data in another cell go to another place
in that same template. Can Excel export non-numerial data, i.e., can I enter
text and have Excel export it?

gman

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Word can read an Excel file. You'll need to set up your document in Word,
using the Mailmerge features. Then you simply need to setup your Excel sheet
to lok like a database, with Column Headings that Word can read

Probably best to seek help on Mailmerge in the Word NGs

"gman" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way (and how to do it) to create a spread
sheet in Excel and then have the information in the cells imported into a
Word template at different places? In other words, 'cell A1' in the spread
sheet would go to one place in the Word template while 'cell B1' would go to
another place in the same template.

Thanks,

gman