Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why isn't my document name showing up in the title bar

My title bar NO LONGER reflects the name of my Excel worksheet when I rename
it, in fact it doesn't even say Book-1 when I open it up.
It says: Microsoft Excel non-commercial use, it used to say the name of the
Doc, then Microsoft Excel non-commercial.

I am not a sophisticated user , so I haven't been doing anything "fancy"
when it stopped doing this
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the version of Excel or Office?

Is it Home and Student version?

Any help at this site?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937676

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:01:03 -0700, NagetiereSindUnbeachted
wrote:

My title bar NO LONGER reflects the name of my Excel worksheet when I rename
it, in fact it doesn't even say Book-1 when I open it up.
It says: Microsoft Excel non-commercial use, it used to say the name of the
Doc, then Microsoft Excel non-commercial.

I am not a sophisticated user , so I haven't been doing anything "fancy"
when it stopped doing this
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you for your reply, I have MS Office Home and Student 2007
I went to that site that you gave, but I didn't find it helpful.
I followed the steps but on that page but I didn't see anything I could do
per se to fix the issue.

I have this product only installed on only one computer.

wrote:

My title bar NO LONGER reflects the name of my Excel worksheet when I rename
it, in fact it doesn't even say Book-1 when I open it up.
It says: Microsoft Excel non-commercial use, it used to say the name of the
Doc, then Microsoft Excel non-commercial.

I am not a sophisticated user , so I haven't been doing anything "fancy"
when it stopped doing this
thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to add something, I have a hand disability, so I use shortcuts
a lot, and I am new to Excel, in fact I am taking a class, and I am
suspicious that I alt+ something and viola, I broke it.....Any thoughts?