Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Title for Excel Document

When I open an Excel document that I have previously saved the title of the
workbook is no longer appearing in the title bar. What can I do to make the
title reappear in the title bar?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean the Title Bar where you normally see Microsoft Excel - workbook.xls?

You just see Microsoft Excel - and that's all?

Do you have any workbook_open code that turns off the caption name?

Like ActiveWindow.Caption = ""

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:04:01 -0800, ManhattanRebel
wrote:

When I open an Excel document that I have previously saved the title of the
workbook is no longer appearing in the title bar. What can I do to make the
title reappear in the title bar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the help.

Yes, top middle of page where you normally see Microsoft Excel. That is all
I see now. I use to see the file name I gave the file at the top op the
window when I opened the file but it is no longer there.

What is workbook open code? To my knowledge there is none.

wrote:

When I open an Excel document that I have previously saved the title of the
workbook is no longer appearing in the title bar. What can I do to make the
title reappear in the title bar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your workbook open and visible, right-click on the Excel Icon left of
"File".

Select "View code".

Anything in that module?

Gord

wrote:

When I open an Excel document that I have previously saved the title of the
workbook is no longer appearing in the title bar. What can I do to make the
title reappear in the title bar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the help..

I have Excel 2007.. I do not see "file" when I open it. I right clicked on
the only Excel Icon I see but I don't see a "view code" option when I do that.

wrote:

When I open an Excel document that I have previously saved the title of the
workbook is no longer appearing in the title bar. What can I do to make the
title reappear in the title bar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I do not use 2007 so not sure where all the features are located.

See Ron de Bruin's site for a map of 2007 commands.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

And where code resides.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

Gord