Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate

Why can't I concatenate 2 cells with numbers that are formated as text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What occurs when you try?

Show us a formula.

Do you see the formula and not the result?

Format the cell as General and re-enter the formula.

Uncheck "View Formula" mode.

Stick with your original thread.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:56:03 -0700, Brent
wrote:

Why can't I concatenate 2 cells with numbers that are formated as text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can...
=CONCATENATE(A1,A2)
with numbers in A1 and A2 which are formatted as TEXT.

Why do you say you can't?

Of course you will get a text and not a number...
If you want a number then use
=CONCATENATE(A1,A2)*1

Why can't I concatenate 2 cells with numbers that are formated as text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1 & A2

Let us know the values in there..

If this post helps click Yes