Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate

have 16 columns of income brackets in thousands (1.64=1642 etc) would like to
list these incomes and their respective % in the same cell and do a wrap text
that woud look like information is in two rows but just a little larger row.
to look like
Jones 1.64 .95 .93 1.07
10.3% 5.9%
Smith 4.87
8.7% so forth
when doing the math it yields about 12 decimels
the text function (".#0%") doesn't seem to work
There are a total of 4000 rows and I want to try to keep the printout down
to about 40 duplex printed sheets rather than 80 by inserting an extra row
between to dod the % calc.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

I dunno about your percentages, etc, but the following will concatenate cells
and space the second part on a line below and offset to the right a bit,
after Format WrapText.......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"reno" wrote:

have 16 columns of income brackets in thousands (1.64=1642 etc) would like to
list these incomes and their respective % in the same cell and do a wrap text
that woud look like information is in two rows but just a little larger row.
to look like
Jones 1.64 .95 .93 1.07
10.3% 5.9%
Smith 4.87
8.7% so forth
when doing the math it yields about 12 decimels
the text function (".#0%") doesn't seem to work
There are a total of 4000 rows and I want to try to keep the printout down
to about 40 duplex printed sheets rather than 80 by inserting an extra row
between to dod the % calc.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Duh....maybe it would help if I included the formula............

=A1&B1&C1&CHAR(10)&" "&D1&E1&F1

The spaces betweent he quotes provides the offset on the second line.
sorry,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"reno" wrote:

have 16 columns of income brackets in thousands (1.64=1642 etc) would like to
list these incomes and their respective % in the same cell and do a wrap text
that woud look like information is in two rows but just a little larger row.
to look like
Jones 1.64 .95 .93 1.07
10.3% 5.9%
Smith 4.87
8.7% so forth
when doing the math it yields about 12 decimels
the text function (".#0%") doesn't seem to work
There are a total of 4000 rows and I want to try to keep the printout down
to about 40 duplex printed sheets rather than 80 by inserting an extra row
between to dod the % calc.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but not wuite what I was looking for

the formula I tried was like this
=A1&" "&(1-(A1/A4/100) which returned the 1.64 .8354546846 and I wanted
1.64
83% in the same row
I also tried =A1&" " text(1-(A1/A4/100,"##%")-this gave me an error

"reno" wrote:

have 16 columns of income brackets in thousands (1.64=1642 etc) would like to
list these incomes and their respective % in the same cell and do a wrap text
that woud look like information is in two rows but just a little larger row.
to look like
Jones 1.64 .95 .93 1.07
10.3% 5.9%
Smith 4.87
8.7% so forth
when doing the math it yields about 12 decimels
the text function (".#0%") doesn't seem to work
There are a total of 4000 rows and I want to try to keep the printout down
to about 40 duplex printed sheets rather than 80 by inserting an extra row
between to dod the % calc.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

=TEXT(A1/A4/100,"#.00") will return 1.64 instead of the 1.6435454.......if
that helps

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3