Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dynamic table

I have a file that includes orders which are pulled from BPCS using Microsoft
Query. This file shows a breakdown of orders by month by week to include
past due, current and 5 months out based on fiscal year. The totals are
pulled into the sheet using sumproduct expressions. I have a sheet that
shows the fiscal calendar for the current year. My problem is that now I
need to include the first two months. I cannot figure out how to pull from
the new fiscal year without adding 12 more columns and and making the
formulas unmanageable. I would like to make the fiscal calendar sheet
dynamic so that it only shows 6 or 7 months. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kathy,

I'm trying to pierce the cloud of your question to get to the nugget of
information that you're asking about - maybe it's just me that finds it a
little complex. If I understand what you're asking - you only want to see
the last 6 or 7 months. This can be done if you set up all your columns
based on some offset from the original data. The column headings would be
based on this month , this month - 1, this month - 2 etc. There are date
formulas as I'm sure you're aware to set up that part. Then you'd have to
use an Offset or Index function (I'm sure there are other approaches) to get
data from whichever column matches the offset month you're looking for. The
bottom line is that it can be done - but it requires a bit of set up to get
the formulas that you would need.