Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Insert many columns with many rows AFTER data has already been typ

You can't insert a column in one row without inserting it in all the rows.

You can however, move the data in a single row to the right by one or more
columns.
Rightclick on the cell you want to move right, then Insert MoveCellsRight
ok

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dazed and confused :)" wrote:

I've typed a large amount of data in many rows within a worksheet. Almost
all rows have the same info at the beginning, (which can be up to five
columns for easier reading) just many different endings for each one. How
can I insert columns in the rows where I've already typed and want to the
divide text? Is this possible with excel or do I need to redo everything?
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Barbara