Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting rows of 2 Seperate Columns Together

I have a task where I have to compare the balance of each individual customer
account in our company accounts receiablve in the current week to the
previous week. For each week, I have 2 columns- one for customer account
numbers and the the second for account balance. A cusomter may appear on the
list for one week and not thefollowing week's list in the case where the
customer has paid resulting to no balance in the account the following week
and vice versa. When puting all data in one spreadsheet for week-by-week
comparison of each individual customer account balance, I am having a problem
with how to sort the rows in each of the customer account column wherby each
customer account number in the current week column line up across with the
same customer account number in the previous week column so that I can make a
week-by-week account balance comparison for each individual account numbers.
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without using a macro this can be done using VLookup. You will need to get a
unique list of accounts that only had activity for the past two weeks. I
usually do this by copying the first weeks list of accounts (column A only
)to a new worksheet. then copying the second weeks list to the end of the
first weeks list in column A.

I usually sort this list. Then I select the combined list and go to menu

Data - Advance Filter

I select Unique values and select copy to new location and select the new
location.

Now you can use the unique list to create a vlookup. Copy the unique list
into column A overwriting the old data. Then put a Vlookup in Column B for
one weeks data and then but a second vlookup in column C for the 2nd weeks
data.

"jcortes" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 Pivot Table