Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Summing negative dollar amounts conditional to dates

I have tried some of the other formulas on here and have not had any success
with sumif, sumifs and/or sumproduct.
What I need to do is sum all amounts that were paid within a particular
month and a specific year and I want the total to appear at the end of each
month and year in one cell.
My paid dates are in one column and amounts in another column, but not every
row has data in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks much

Becky
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With no columnar data in your question, you'll have to adapt this.

Column A = Dates
Column B = Values to add

Month to add - March (key date 3/1/2009)

Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(DATE(YEAR($A$1:$A$100),
MONTH($A$1:$A$100),1)=DATE(2009,3,1)),$B$1:$B$100)

This formula converts all the dates in column A to the first day of their
month and compares them to the date(2009,3,1) = march 1, 2009, then adds the
values in column B that match.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Bsting" wrote:

I have tried some of the other formulas on here and have not had any success
with sumif, sumifs and/or sumproduct.
What I need to do is sum all amounts that were paid within a particular
month and a specific year and I want the total to appear at the end of each
month and year in one cell.
My paid dates are in one column and amounts in another column, but not every
row has data in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks much

Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That does not seem to be working for me either, I am still getting a #value!
error
Here is some examples
Column J Column K
3/26/2008 110.00
04/03/2008 123.30
04/09/2008 79.00
06/16/2008 327.00

07/18/2008 47.70
07/01/2008 5,300.00

07/16/2008 188.93
09/30/2008 17,742.68

05/28/2008 324.16
04/22/2008 163.50

05/13/2008 2.25
04/22/2008 455.00
04/09/2008 66.33

Where Column J is the date the amount was paid and K is the amount that was
paid. With the above I want to be able to say how much was paid during the
month of March in 2008- which should return $110.00 but does not. The blank
rows are where no amounts have been paid to date. Both J and K are set to
dispaly as numbers.

Thanks

"Bsting" wrote:

I have tried some of the other formulas on here and have not had any success
with sumif, sumifs and/or sumproduct.
What I need to do is sum all amounts that were paid within a particular
month and a specific year and I want the total to appear at the end of each
month and year in one cell.
My paid dates are in one column and amounts in another column, but not every
row has data in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks much

Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Worked for me when I changed the formula to look in the right year and month.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(DATE(YEAR($J$1:$J$200),MONTH($J$1:$J$200),1)
=DATE(2008,4,1)),$K$1:$K$200)

This is the piece you have to set:

=DATE(2008,4,1)

The bit is set to check April 2008. Adjust that for the months you want to
see. I got 110 when I made that bit:

=DATE(2008,3,1)