Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bsting Bsting is offline

Default Summing negative dollar amounts conditional to dates

Not sure what I was doing wrong but I did get this formula to work for me-
thank you!

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Worked for me when I changed the formula to look in the right year and month.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(DATE(YEAR($J$1:$J$200),MONTH($J$1:$J$200),1)
=DATE(2008,4,1)),$K$1:$K$200)

This is the piece you have to set:

=DATE(2008,4,1)

The bit is set to check April 2008. Adjust that for the months you want to
see. I got 110 when I made that bit:

=DATE(2008,3,1)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Bsting" wrote:
That does not seem to be working for me either, I am still getting a #value! error
Here is some examples
Column J Column K
3/26/2008 110.00
04/03/2008 123.30
04/09/2008 79.00
06/16/2008 327.00
07/18/2008 47.70
07/01/2008 5,300.00
07/16/2008 188.93
09/30/2008 17,742.68
05/28/2008 324.16
04/22/2008 163.50
05/13/2008 2.25
04/22/2008 455.00
04/09/2008 66.33

Where Column J is the date the amount was paid and K is the amount that was
paid. With the above I want to be able to say how much was paid during the
month of March in 2008- which should return $110.00 but does not. The blank
rows are where no amounts have been paid to date. Both J and K are set to
dispaly as numbers.

Thanks