Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default How do I make a single header/footer common across all worksheets?

I have 15 worksheets in a file, and each needs the same header & footer. I
have tried control-clicking to highlight each tab & then "Page Setup" to
change the header/footer, but only get the first worksheet clicked to 'take'
the header/footer. Is there some way to do a mass change to avoid tediously
clicking into & copy-pasting the information into individual worksheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of Excel are you using?

The way you've described performing the operation should work. I do it all
the time in Excel 2000, 2002 and 2003. Another way to choose all of the
sheets at once is to select the one at one "end" of the group and then go to
the other end of the group and [Shift]+click it and those two sheets and all
between should be chosen and you should be able to make global header/footer
changes to them.

"Joe" wrote:

I have 15 worksheets in a file, and each needs the same header & footer. I
have tried control-clicking to highlight each tab & then "Page Setup" to
change the header/footer, but only get the first worksheet clicked to 'take'
the header/footer. Is there some way to do a mass change to avoid tediously
clicking into & copy-pasting the information into individual worksheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joe;284078 Wrote:
I have 15 worksheets in a file, and each needs the same header & footer.
have tried control-clicking to highlight each tab & then "Page Setup"
change the header/footer, but only get the first worksheet clicked to
'take'
the header/footer. Is there some way to do a mass change to avoid
tediously
clicking into & copy-pasting the information into individual
worksheets?

Hi,
Click the first and the last sheet tab pressing the Shift key.
Now, whatever you enter in Sheet1 will appear in the other sheets.
To ungroup sheets, right-click a tab and select " Ungroup sheets"

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=79347