Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James

Default Common header/footer in Excel

An option should exist to create a uniform header/footer format across
worksheets in Excel. I shouldn't have to create the same header/format
format across multiple sheets. I should be able to create one header format
and then just change the text/content across the sheets.

This is a big hassle when trying to create print-ready, multiple worksheet
files in Excel that have similar formatting.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

James

Try clicking on the first sheet, hold down the shift key and click on the
last... this will set the sheets in [Group] mode. Check this top left by the
file name. Now set the header/footer and it should be set on all selected
sheets. Right click on any selected sheet tab and select Ungroup, as
anything you do with sheets grouped happens on them all.

For interest using the Ctrl key rather than the shift key will select non
contiguous sheets

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"James" wrote in message
An option should exist to create a uniform header/footer format across
worksheets in Excel. I shouldn't have to create the same header/format
format across multiple sheets. I should be able to create one header
format
and then just change the text/content across the sheets.

This is a big hassle when trying to create print-ready, multiple worksheet
files in Excel that have similar formatting.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This similar to a problem I have trying to use the secure print feature of
printers so equipped. Since Excel sends each worksheet as a separate print
document using the properties box for printing options to secure the document
only works on the selected worksheet. The others print regularly. I have
changed my default printer setting to use secure print to work around and
deselect the secure option as needed. You can also change each worksheet
individually or create a second printer with different default values for the
same device.

This solves the problem but leaves me with the task of releasing each
worksheet individually.

Anyone found a different/better workaround?

"James" wrote:

An option should exist to create a uniform header/footer format across
worksheets in Excel. I shouldn't have to create the same header/format
format across multiple sheets. I should be able to create one header format
and then just change the text/content across the sheets.

This is a big hassle when trying to create print-ready, multiple worksheet
files in Excel that have similar formatting.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not only do I agree with James, but I must emphasize what a colossal waste of
time this is, typing a custom header on 20 or 30 worksheets for a client.
Ridiculous. This has been a problem for years and just because most users
don't bother complaining, doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it.