Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Excel 2000 copy error

A few weeks ago I noticed a very annoying problem. When I select a cell in
Excel 2000 worksheet, Microsoft Excel displays a window, stating "Microsoft
Excel for windows has encountered a problem & needs to close." Then Excel
closes, and I have to reopen Excel worksheet, re-select the cell I want
copied, and then I'm able to paste. If I select another cell to copy, the
whole problem repeats. What can I do to correct this?

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know...

But if this problem only occurs with a single workbook, I'd think about
recreating that workbook.

If the problem occurs in every workbook, then I'd try changing printer drivers.
Lots of crashes in excel (and windows!) can be traced back to printer driver
problems.

Please post back with any results. I'd be interested to know if changing the
printer driver worked for you.

--

Dave Peterson