Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate Cell based on selected Cell.

OK I know im probably asking for Jupiter let alone the moon here, but here it
goes.

I have a workbook, basically a calander that is giving a basic color tabled
view of the support schedule for my group in our company.

What I would like to have if possible is, if someone clicks on a specific
Day there will be a cell that is at the top of the sheet that would view the
color of the selected cell and Bring back the correct name assigned to that
color.

Dont know if this is even possible in Excel.
Thanks for any and all responces in advance.

-Digi
Gareth Thompson
Technical Administrator and Developer (BMC:Remedy)
Accenture in Partnership with Edcon Group IT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is possible. When you say 'Bring back the correct name assigned to that
color' do you have a defined list assigned. Please clarify

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"Digi" wrote:

OK I know im probably asking for Jupiter let alone the moon here, but here it
goes.

I have a workbook, basically a calander that is giving a basic color tabled
view of the support schedule for my group in our company.

What I would like to have if possible is, if someone clicks on a specific
Day there will be a cell that is at the top of the sheet that would view the
color of the selected cell and Bring back the correct name assigned to that
color.

Dont know if this is even possible in Excel.
Thanks for any and all responces in advance.

-Digi
Gareth Thompson
Technical Administrator and Developer (BMC:Remedy)
Accenture in Partnership with Edcon Group IT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a Table yes that has the Individuals and a color linked to them yes.
I know simply displaying the Key with this on the side would be easier, yet
I know based on my interaction with the people that would be using this sheet
that they will still get it confused.

OK so Sheet1 has the calander with Manually adjusted colors on the various
Days that Myself and My team will maintain.
Sheet2 will have a Table with the Names, Cellular Numbers ETC all in the
colors they are linked to
For example
A1
Gareth Thompson
B1
0721231234
C1
Block - Red1 Desk 12
All cells are Highlighted Green.

So on the 13 May for instance if the user clicks (Selects) that cell on
sheet 1 Cell C4 will display Gareth Thompson because the Cell for 13 May is
green, However 14 May would be Red so the Cell C4 will then Display Employee
B.