Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Som Som is offline

Default Macro - Auto - Sheet Name change ? expiry

1 . I want to change sheet name automatically by running macro (VB code)

if sheet name = x

then sheet name will be changed to y after openning the file automatically.

can u pls give me the code?

2.
if i want to trigger a macro on any change in sheet 1, what is the code?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Use the following (attach it to ThisWorkbook code)
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Name = "Sheet1" Then
ws.Name = "New Name"
End If
Next
End Sub

2. Use
'Following will run only if there is a change in the range A1:A10
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
'Your code here...

"Som" wrote:

1 . I want to change sheet name automatically by running macro (VB code)

if sheet name = x

then sheet name will be changed to y after openning the file automatically.

can u pls give me the code?

2.
if i want to trigger a macro on any change in sheet 1, what is the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DearSom

Use the workbook open event and try this code.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("x").Name = "y"
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"Som" wrote:

1 . I want to change sheet name automatically by running macro (VB code)

if sheet name = x

then sheet name will be changed to y after openning the file automatically.

can u pls give me the code?

2.
if i want to trigger a macro on any change in sheet 1, what is the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To trigger a macro for change.

Use the below event. Launch VBE using Alt+F11. Insert Module. Double click
sheet1 in treeview, drop down to see the below event. You can use the same
event in 'Thisworkbook' to trigger this from anysheet in the workbook..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria