Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Check dates in spreadsheet against expiry years column and change colour

Hi All

I need some help I have a training spreadsheet that has a list of
trainees names across the top and down the side the course name and the
validity period. Within the spreadsheet I have the dates that the
person recieved their training. What I am wondering is can I get a
function to look up the validity period eg 2 yrs and check it against
the date and change the colour to red when it has expired, orange when
2 months away from expiry and green when current? Please help

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Check dates in spreadsheet against expiry years column and change

Perfectly feasible, you can do this with conditional formatting but it
probably helps if there is a consistency in the validity period, e.g. if you
have "2 yrs", "6 months" etc. this will be trickier to implement. Just a
figure in the validity column, indicating months, or years, in all cases
would make things easier.

What do you have currently in validity column?

" wrote:

Hi All

I need some help I have a training spreadsheet that has a list of
trainees names across the top and down the side the course name and the
validity period. Within the spreadsheet I have the dates that the
person recieved their training. What I am wondering is can I get a
function to look up the validity period eg 2 yrs and check it against
the date and change the colour to red when it has expired, orange when
2 months away from expiry and green when current? Please help

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the validity column I have years ranging from 1-5 yrs at this stage
none of them are in months.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your help have just had a play with it and figured out how
to do it myself. Seems I am smarter than I thought ;)