Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how to change format of several dates entered in an Excel column

I have several dates (in fact over 100) already entered in the Date column in
"1 Jul 1854" format. This makes it impossible to run a meaningful sort by
Date. Is there a way to change these dates to a diffirent format like
"1854-07-01"? Of course, I'm not asking how to change every date manually.
I'd like to highlight this column and change all the dates at once.
All suggestions will be appreciated.
--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, FL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel dates start on Jan 0 1900 so anything earlier is text, John Walkenbach
has an add-in

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"ilyaz" wrote in message
I have several dates (in fact over 100) already entered in the Date column
in
"1 Jul 1854" format. This makes it impossible to run a meaningful sort by
Date. Is there a way to change these dates to a diffirent format like
"1854-07-01"? Of course, I'm not asking how to change every date manually.
I'd like to highlight this column and change all the dates at once.
All suggestions will be appreciated.
--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how to change format of several dates entered in an Excel colu

Thanks, Peo. I downloaded this applets and will try it. However, I still
don't know if it is possible to change format of already entered dates (after
1900).
Appreciate your help.
--
Ilya Zeldes