Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Som Som is offline

Default Auto deletion of excel file after a certain date - expiry

after a certain date(date will provided by me) a password protected MS
excel file or it's data will deleted permanently.

(even if the client user copies (n number of copies) the file to their own
PCs also
from our PC).

I require this option for licence issue... Can u please help me?

can u give me a code which will delete the excel file permanently if
somebody tries to open the file after the specified date ?

how to protect the code in the MS VB editor for macro , so that nobody can
see the code before expiry date / deletion date.

at present my code is

my code to close the file (not deletion)

==============================================+

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

If DateDiff("d", "10/Mar/2009", Date) 1 Then

Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close

it is failing again in another PC....

because by default in my client company , the macro level set very high...
so it is
not running in all PCs

msg comnig -- " Macros are disabled because the security level is set very
high. To run the macros , change the security level to a lower setting and
verify the macros are signed & trusted"

, now what to do ??

i cann't change all PC s macro security setting of client location....

so i have to do the job keeping in my mind that " macro security will be
high "

now pls advise

is there any troubleshoot of the above situation ?

atleast , if file gets deleted in 1st shot , there will not be any option of
R & D by the client.

so I think , deletion code can serve the purpose.

pls help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Som, there is no way to delete a file by its own; unless you are allowed to
run the scripts/macro.

If this post helps click Yes
-------------
Jacob Skaria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 13 Mar., 10:06, Som wrote:
[...]

I don't think this can be done... Besides it is pretty easy to break
the password on excels macros... Or so I've heard!

Even if you found a way, If people really wanted to open your workbook
they could just set their date back on their computer...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Som Som is offline

it needs to be deleted by the macro on specified date.
pls check the codes available in following link......

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/workbooktimebomb.aspx

can u pls develop some code to do so ?

"Kasper" wrote:

On 13 Mar., 10:06, Som wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Som, unless you are able to run macros (if security level is set to high)
there is no point trying this.

If you can set security level to low; I will definitely give it a try. Thanks

If this post helps click Yes
-------------
Jacob Skaria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Give it up Som

First of all, there are just too many ways to circumvent your wishes.

Second, you state "bear in mind security is set at "high""

How do you think any code will run?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Kasper" wrote:

On 13 Mar., 10:06, Som wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Som Som is offline

dear all,

thanks for your involvement .

now the file is deleting if macro runs ....

1. how protect / encrypt the code.

2. next concern is Macro security is by default HIGH , I cann't give up !!!!
pls help me find out the way..... is there any option that wherever the file
will be openned the Macro security will be changed to LOW ??

3. is there anyother way apart from Macro to do the same?

I need to complete the job

waiting.......

"Kasper" wrote:

On 13 Mar., 10:06, Som wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Kasper" wrote:

On 13 Mar., 10:06, Som wrote:
[...]

they could just set their date back on their computer...- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

That is exactly why there is such a thins as macro-security... It
cannot be changed by a macro, why else should it be called MACRO-
security..

There is no way to do it.