Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Margens get wider

This workbook with aroun 30 worksheets
All of them 1 page.
To print in one page.
Today all of the sudden the margens of the worksheet are wider
(living out of the page information) and longer (living out information
at the bottom too).
If printing one page, I get 2 due to the excess.
I opened the workbook a couple of times and it came good (each sheet in one
page).
Then opened it again and had the same problem.
Why this behavior, and how to fix it ?
ps. all worksheet are extended all the way, across and down on the margens.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, anonymous !

I would not know to create a working environment exactly the same as yours
where I could try to reproduce the behavior you describe, however, what you comment...
I have only seen when configuring a worksheet if you set their margins smaller to 2.5 centimeters (1 inch)
and the book is saved in version 97/2000 and later that same workbook is opened in version 2002 (or above)
where they get lost the margins settled down in previous version

if any doubts (or further information)... would you please comment ?
regards,
hector.

__ OP __
This workbook with aroun 30 worksheets
All of them 1 page.
To print in one page.
Today all of the sudden the margens of the worksheet are wider
(living out of the page information) and longer (living out information at the bottom too).
If printing one page, I get 2 due to the excess.
I opened the workbook a couple of times and it came good (each sheet in one page).
Then opened it again and had the same problem.
Why this behavior, and how to fix it ?
ps. all worksheet are extended all the way, across and down on the margens.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot for your interest and help Hector, I know is a vague question so
I did some research myself last night instead of sleeping and believe it or
not
I got the answer wich is related to a setting that if no one had experience
before
is very hard to find the explanation.
When FAXING the worksheet the margens change ( still don't know why ) and
they stay IRREGULAR.
Then when opening again the workbook and doing regular PRINTING, margens
gets okay.
I think the worksheet gets accomadate it to different setting, PRINTING or
FAXING.
This is the only explanation posible as settings change in the way I
explained.
However I'm open to clarification to help improve my and others learning.
Thanks again Hector.

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so, it seems to be a "printer's driver" configuration settings (fax or printer)
AFAIK, each printer has it's own set of default/custom options (margins, resolution, ...)
which may (or may not) change the appearance of your "printed" worksheet
also, *IF* you (re)direct to any non-default system printer AND save the workbook
*that* selected printer could it be "searched" the next time you open the workbook

hth,
hector.

__ OP __