Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I change the column heading from alphabetic to numeric?

I want to reference cells in a R1C1 format instead of A1. The heading diplay
of the columns should be numeric instead of alphabetic.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003 or earlier versions:

Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS
Select the GENERAL Tab
Check "R1C1 reference style" checkbox
Click OK

In Excel 2007:

Click the Office Button (big circle in upper-left)
Click on the EXCEL OPTIONS button
Select the FORMULAS Tab on the left
Check "R1C1 reference style" checkbox
Click OK

HTH
Elkar

"Lunchbox18" wrote:

I want to reference cells in a R1C1 format instead of A1. The heading diplay
of the columns should be numeric instead of alphabetic.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. from the menu bar select toolsoptions
2. select general tab
3. put a check mark on the R1C1 Reference style
4. click OK

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into an online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com

--
Chris Bode