Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open Lotus Notes with Excel Macro

I can open Lotus Notes with
Shell ("C:\Temp\Batch\LotusNotes.bat") which runs the following
C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.exe "=%userprofile%\application data\notes\notes.ini"

Is there a way to pass it my password from within excel vb or in the batch
file? I'm trying to update an excel spreadsheet overnight as it is a long
process but can't seem to pass it the password.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is really a Lotus Notes question...

/UserID-youruserid
/Password-yourpassword

If it works then you can add these switches from your VBA at the time of
calling the batch file...

"Steve" wrote:

I can open Lotus Notes with
Shell ("C:\Temp\Batch\LotusNotes.bat") which runs the following
C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.exe "=%userprofile%\application data\notes\notes.ini"

Is there a way to pass it my password from within excel vb or in the batch
file? I'm trying to update an excel spreadsheet overnight as it is a long
process but can't seem to pass it the password.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Steve" wrote:

I can open Lotus Notes with
Shell ("C:\Temp\Batch\LotusNotes.bat") which runs the following
C:\Lotus\Notes\notes.exe "=%userprofile%\application data\notes\notes.ini"

Is there a way to pass it my password from within excel vb or in the batch
file? I'm trying to update an excel spreadsheet overnight as it is a long
process but can't seem to pass it the password.

SendKeys in VBA?

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bill
Finally got the chance to play with it and managed to get it to work fine.
Thanks again for the suggestion.