Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Peculiar Excel problem with my keyboard arrows

the page will scroll left or rightAfter opening up a .xls Excel spreadsheet
file, when I click on a cell and I move arrow keys right left up and down, I
don't move from cell to cell. Instead, the spreadsheet will scroll right or
left or up or down. I can click on other cells using my mouse, but I can't
use my arrow keys at all. All they do is scroll. Has anybody else heard of
this happening???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh, and if I press the Alt key, I can use the arrow keys to look through the
menus. That works just fine. It's only when I try to go from cell to cell
that it activates the scroll bars. Arrrgh!

"BigDaddyCool" wrote:

After opening up a .xls Excel spreadsheet
file, when I click on a cell and I move arrow keys right left up and down, I
don't move from cell to cell. Instead, the spreadsheet will scroll right or
left or up or down. I can click on other cells using my mouse, but I can't
use my arrow keys at all. All they do is scroll. Has anybody else heard of
this happening???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have Scroll Lock on? This key is generally located above the Home key
Right hand side of status bar will display "SCRL"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP