Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table question.

I have a pivot table on a physician practice, the first column is the dr name
in a drop down box:
All
Dr A
Dr B
etc
Is there a way for me to lock the selection to only include Dr A so that I
could send the file to Dr A without having him be able to access Dr B
information.
Thanks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not without deleting the information from the PivotTable source.

Now, you could get the appearance by Double clicking on your page field, and
then selecting all the options you don't want to be visible. This would give
the appearance to Dr A that he can't see Dr B. But, all he has to do is
reverse this process, so if you're dealing with delicate information, this is
NOT RECOMMENDED.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jim W" wrote:

I have a pivot table on a physician practice, the first column is the dr name
in a drop down box:
All
Dr A
Dr B
etc
Is there a way for me to lock the selection to only include Dr A so that I
could send the file to Dr A without having him be able to access Dr B
information.
Thanks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Luke - I was thinking more in terms of selecting Dr A in the drop down and
then hiding the data sheet and using protection with a password to "lock" the
cell that would be used to select another DR. No good?
Thanks

"Jim W" wrote:

I have a pivot table on a physician practice, the first column is the dr name
in a drop down box:
All
Dr A
Dr B
etc
Is there a way for me to lock the selection to only include Dr A so that I
could send the file to Dr A without having him be able to access Dr B
information.
Thanks,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jim

Move the Dr field to become a Page field.
From the PT toolbarPivot Table dropdownShow Page fields
This will create a separate sheet for Each Dr, with their summary.
Just Mail the individual sheet to each Dr.

--
Regards
Roger Govier