Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Possible to make chart axis minimum a reference?

I'm setting up a bar chart to function as a GANTT schedule in excel, and I'm
meeting limited success. One key issue that I would like to solve is
adjusting the scope of the chart so that it only shows, for example, the
current month and coming two months. I can do this manually - by adjusting
the minimum of the chart to 39884 (today's date) and the maximum to 39974 I
get a good overview of the coming weeks. What I'd really like, however, is
the ability to make this link dynamic - to set the minimum to =TODAY()-10,
for example, so that there's no need to make adjustments every month. This
isn't easy to do, obviously, but is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unfortunately, no. This is an issue that's been raised repeatedly to
Microsoft (as well as several suggestion threads on this forum) but so far,
no luck.

The closest I can think of that might work would be to look at dynamic
charts (quick Google search of "dynamic charts XL" or search around here),
and somehow connect your Named Range to the TODAY() function to have it
adjust.

Not a perfect solution, and a lot depends on how your data/chart is setup.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Babymech" wrote:

I'm setting up a bar chart to function as a GANTT schedule in excel, and I'm
meeting limited success. One key issue that I would like to solve is
adjusting the scope of the chart so that it only shows, for example, the
current month and coming two months. I can do this manually - by adjusting
the minimum of the chart to 39884 (today's date) and the maximum to 39974 I
get a good overview of the coming weeks. What I'd really like, however, is
the ability to make this link dynamic - to set the minimum to =TODAY()-10,
for example, so that there's no need to make adjustments every month. This
isn't easy to do, obviously, but is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you aren't averse to a little VBA programming, you can get this effect:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP