Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Colour coded drop down list

Help! I have build a DV drop down list but I want the different options to be
colour coded. I have coour-filled the original cells but this formatting does
not carry over to the drop down list.

Anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot change the color of the individual elements in a dropdown.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:18:01 -0700, AlFinsberg
wrote:

Help! I have build a DV drop down list but I want the different options to be
colour coded. I have coour-filled the original cells but this formatting does
not carry over to the drop down list.

Anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You cannot do this. Regardless of the font or fill colours in the source
list, they will always appear as Automatic on No Fill in the DV dropdown.
You could use VBA to colour the resulting selection the same as the origin
in the list, but that would be post the event i.e. after the user had
selected from the monochrome list.

--
Regards
Roger Govier