Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change the text colour in a drop down list?

Hi,

I have created a spreadsheet with some drop down lists. I have created my
lists by naming ranges of cells (with the list options) on a seperate
worksheet and then used Data Validation to select the list. One of my lists
is simply YES, NO, N/A and I want the NO part to always appear in red on the
drop down list. I have coloured the word NO on the named range of cells that
create the list but when you actually use the list in the main worksheet it
defaults back to black.

Does anyone know how I can set this so the NO option on my list is always in
red.

Thanx,

Matt.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot format the items in the list, but you can format the item after you
have picked it.

FormatConditional FormattingCell Value is: equal to........="NO"

Note: just enter NO and Excel will do the rest.

Format to a red color and OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP