Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot Delete Archived TMP Files

I have Excel 2007 and get what appears to be Excel 2007 produced tmp files
(like 4C3AD104.tmp) which I can't copy, move or delete because their
properties are checked "Archive". The property will not change. When I open
the properties dialog I find at check in the Archive check box. I'll
un-check it and try to delete the file.

A dialog opens titled "Error Deleting File or Folder" saying, "Cannot
delete 4C3AD104: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
write-protected and the file is not currently in use". Only choice on the
dialog is an "OK" button.

How do I get rid of these files? When I do a back up, since they will not
copy, they halt the backup.