Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What program should i use for archived files?

I need to set up spreadsheets for our archived files in our office. Which
program should i use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If you are talking about something like a Directory listing of Archived
Files, which could contain key words or other information which could be
filtered and/or sorted to help find a file of interest..........I would use
Excel.....but then, I would use Excel for just about anything...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"R Oconnor" wrote in message
I need to set up spreadsheets for our archived files in our office. Which
program should i use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would recommend Excel. Because, you can do the following:
1. use as a spread sheet
2. use as a database
3. Merge the to a document
4. Use as an Externel source with in other document
5. Use Advance Filtering technique for information gathering
6. Use Name definition
7. Sorting
8. Pivot Table for Analaysing data results
9. Use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) or Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)
and so on.
You can reuse your information to a greater extreme rather than just
archiving.