Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to delete archived tmp files

I'm getting files like "50FEAB29.tmp" and "A8CE28CC.tmp" which appear to be
generated by Excel 2007. When I try to open, move, or delete them, I get a
message which reads, "ERROR DELETING FILE OR FOLDER Cannot delete
50FEAB29.tmp" Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
write-protected and the file is not currently in use." When I look at the
properties of the file, the "Archived" box is checked. How can I delete this
type of file. The reason this is important is when I try to back up the
folder it's in, it halts the back up. Right now there are about 12 of these
files in various folders.