Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob English Bob English is offline

Default How to delete archived tmp files

I'm getting files like "50FEAB29.tmp" and "A8CE28CC.tmp" which appear to be
generated by Excel 2007. When I try to open, move, or delete them, I get a
message which reads, "ERROR DELETING FILE OR FOLDER Cannot delete
50FEAB29.tmp" Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
write-protected and the file is not currently in use." When I look at the
properties of the file, the "Archived" box is checked. How can I delete this
type of file. The reason this is important is when I try to back up the
folder it's in, it halts the back up. Right now there are about 12 of these
files in various folders.