Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default This seems like it should be so simple! (PivotTable "Show values a

I have a worksheet with outage times for our various services. Per incident
I have the duration in minutes. I convert this duration into weekly,
monthly, and yearly downtime percentages.

I have created three pivot tables that pull this data in. The result is
something like this:

Email 694 0.068849206

694 is the total sum of minutes that the service e-mail was down in the
given time period. 0.06... is the total downtime percentage for the service
Email.

ALL I want to do is convert the later downtime number into uptime.
0.068849206 would become 93.12% uptime.

Very simple, right? I could easily do this with a normal field but I can't
figure out how to do this in a PivotTable. I see the "Show values as" option
but it seems unable to reference a specific number. It wants to do column
comparison row by row.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Clifton Griffin