Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show "+" (plus) sign when comparing two values

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
=IF(B1-A10,"+"&B1-A1,B1-A1)
--
Regards
Warren

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Mike,

you again saved my day:)

Thanks!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Apply a custom format of

+0;-0;0

Mike

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi warren,

While your method works to an extent I wouldn't use it because it can cause
problems with logical comparisons.

Try my formatting method in c1 and your method in d1 then do a logical
compare back to the 2 original numbers in a1 & b1

Your method in d1 evaluates as false
=D1=B1-A1

The format method in c1 evaluates as true
=C1=B1-A1

Mike

"Warren Easton" wrote:

Try
=IF(B1-A10,"+"&B1-A1,B1-A1)
--

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot Warren!

It works perfectly.

Enjoy a great day!

Filippo

"Warren Easton" wrote:

Try
=IF(B1-A10,"+"&B1-A1,B1-A1)
--

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad I could help and thanks for the feedback

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Mike,

you again saved my day:)

Thanks!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Apply a custom format of

+0;-0;0

Mike

"filpass" wrote:

Dear Excel experts,

I am comparing the values of cells in two columns: if difference B1-A1 is
<0, then the minus sign logically appears before the value.

But how can I make a "+" sign appear when difference B1-A1 0?

A thousand of thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You for the Feedback
--
Regards
Warren
Excel Novice
Addiewell, Scotland.

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"filpass" wrote:

Thanks a lot Warren!

It works perfectly.

Enjoy a great day!