Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default This seems like it should be so simple! (PivotTable "Show values a

I have a worksheet with outage times for our various services. Per incident
I have the duration in minutes. I convert this duration into weekly,
monthly, and yearly downtime percentages.

I have created three pivot tables that pull this data in. The result is
something like this:

Email 694 0.068849206

694 is the total sum of minutes that the service e-mail was down in the
given time period. 0.06... is the total downtime percentage for the service
Email.

ALL I want to do is convert the later downtime number into uptime.
0.068849206 would become 93.12% uptime.

Very simple, right? I could easily do this with a normal field but I can't
figure out how to do this in a PivotTable. I see the "Show values as" option
but it seems unable to reference a specific number. It wants to do column
comparison row by row.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Clifton Griffin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

May be simple. How is your raw data laid out and how do you reach the %down
figures?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"clifgriffin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default This seems like it should be so simple! (PivotTable "Show valu

=1-((10080-Table__11_3_08[[#This Row],[Minutes]])/10080)

The referenced number (Table__...) is the number of minutes down for that
specific incident. This is so I can simply add it up in the pivot table to
get the total downtime for all incidents bearing that title.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your prompt response,
Clifton

"clifgriffin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel 2007
Percentage for week, month, year groups.
Pivot Table, Table, Macro.
Two methods:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/anyilzyexye/03_02_09.xlsm