John

Default 2 part question - macro / command button

first of all I seem to be having a little difficutly in recording a macro to
just open a form to input database information on the row under the labels of
each column.
I know I can just open form after highlighting the row of labels and put the
information in that way. But I want a button on the spreadsheet to click onto
to open the form to input the data, and a button to do a search in the same
fashion.

My first problem is getting the macro to record properly.
Second will be to get the command button to run the macro.
I think I can do the second part of this but need the macro to do it.
Debra Dalgleish

To open the built-in Data Form, you could add the Form button to your
toolbar:

Choose ToolsCustomize
Click on the Commands tab
Select the Data category
Drag the Form command to an existing toolbar
Click Close

To use it, select a cell in your list, and click the Form button.

You could also try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free
add-in that allows combo boxes, and unlimited fields.

http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

John

When I go to drag the command over to the toolbar, it shows an x which will
not allow me to add it to the toolbar. I also wanted to try to create a form
question box by using a macro to open it, I also wanted to use it to do a
search as well. But my first goal is to get something to open the form to
enter the data in the right row and under the right column.
I will keep trying, thanks for your help Debra.

John wrote:
first of all I seem to be having a little difficutly in recording a macro to
just open a form to input database information on the row under the labels of
each column.
I know I can just open form after highlighting the row of labels and put the
information in that way. But I want a button on the spreadsheet to click onto
to open the form to input the data, and a button to do a search in the same
fashion.

My first problem is getting the macro to record properly.
Second will be to get the command button to run the macro.
I think I can do the second part of this but need the macro to do it.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Did you try John's Data form? It opens on the active record, but starts
in the first field.

I'm not sure why you can't add the button to your toolbar. Can you
create a new toolbar (ToolsCustomize, Toolbars tab), and add the button
to that?